Payroll Administrator/HR Support
We are seeking an individual that is detail-oriented, has strong written and verbal communication skills and has knowledge in accounting principles and practices. This role is mainly Payroll, with additional tasks to support the HR department. Payroll experience is required (Ceridian Payroll System would be considered an asset). This person will be responsible for the following:
- Accurately prepare and generate monthly payroll for 75+ employees.
- Manage backend data (ie: hours, overtime, sick days, vacation, etc.).
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Preparing/reconciling year-end employee tax slip forms and submitting government filings to meet deadlines.
- Administer staff benefits, programs.
- Maintaining confidential information by adhering to legal and ethical standards.
Support to HR Department:
- Assist in recruitment.
- Provide HR advise and support to employees and management.
- Investigate human resource related problems and make recommendations to the organization.
- Counseling employees/applicants on rules, policies, benefits, procedures and job opportunities.
- Coordinate probationary review time period as well as annual reviews.
- Exit interviews.
- Staff orientation.
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what we are about.
Gibbs Gage Architects is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design, and urban design. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire Individuals who are seeking to build a career with us. Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to build an ongoing legacy. The culture at Gibbs Gage Architects acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.