Here’s what we are about.
Gibbs Gage Architects is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design, and urban design. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire
Individuals who are seeking to build a career with us. Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to build an ongoing legacy. The culture at Gibbs Gage Architects acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
Here’s what you will do with us.
We are currently looking for a junior or intermediate person for a position in our marketing team. The role involves working directly within the Marketing Team, to strengthen the image, brand and identity of the firm both internally and externally. This includes updates to websites and continual support of social media. Other projects may include the development of focused marketing materials, media submissions to publications and award presentation packaging. The successful candidate will provide imaginative and fun marketing initiatives with a particular focus on graphic communications. Part of this role will be to support the Proposal Coordinator and Graphic Designer on specific proposal pursuits while developing supporting graphic, marketing and social media collateral. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Work with a variety of software to create layouts, proposals, presentations materials and info graphics for publications and award submissions
- Maintain and develop materials that support proposal such as biographies, resumes, project narratives and other content
- Review and adherence of materials with the vision, mission and values of Gibbs Gage Architects and our overall culture/approach to architecture
- Support and coordinate the external information required for proposals with peers at other consultant offices
- Support and maintain brand management policies and strategic initiatives to consistently apply to all communications as lead by the Marketing Team
- Maintain, revise and update website and intranet to reflect current trends and developments and consider current trends and influences in branding and marketing
- Oversee and create content of various social media platforms and prepare calendar of activities to support these endeavors
Here’s what we are looking for in you
This position involves a solid understanding of the creative process, specifically the architectural professional practice, the nature of the business and the potential markets that exist. We are looking for someone that can help us package our projects to reflect a cool, modern and sophisticated brand. We are looking for someone with an edge and an eye to stylistic trends who can bring energy and enthusiasm to promoting our work, our clients and our people in diverse and engaging new ways. Specifically we are looking for candidates that possess the following:
- Minimum two years relevant experience, ideally in a professional design firm or agency
- Degree/Diploma in Marketing or Communications (or similar)
- Technical proficiency – highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite software
- Understanding of CMS and web-based applications
- Eloquent and succinct communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail, design and a passion for delivering high quality work
- Affable personality with the desire for collaboration
Please provide a cover letter and resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.