Marketing and Proposal Assistant
Here’s what we are about.
Gibbs Gage Architects is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design, and urban design. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire individuals who are seeking to build a career with us. Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to contribute on a variety of project types. The culture at Gibbs Gage Architects acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
Here’s what you will do for us
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing team member to support our marketing and proposal efforts. As a marketing team member, the Marketing and Proposal Assistant will assist in preparing Requests for Proposals, with a particular focus on gathering and editing written content. A strong understanding of graphic design is an asset as the role also involves working directly with Partners, Senior Leadership, and graphic designers to strengthen the firm's image, brand, and identity both internally and externally. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Proposal and Document Coordination
- Copy edit and tailor written materials that support proposals such as biographies, resumes, project narratives and other content.
- Write and review specific content for proposals that reflect the vision, mission and values of Gibbs Gage Architects and our overall culture and approach to architecture.
- Copy edit and proofread materials for consistency of messaging and approach.
- Work with various software to create layouts, proposals, presentation materials and infographics for submissions.
- Support all brand management policies and strategic initiatives to consistently apply to all communications internally and externally.
- Coordinate promotional activities and materials, including client events, advertising, mailings, award submission, publications.
- At times provide graphic support for proposals in conjunction with the Marketing and Proposal Lead.
Here’s what we are looking for in you
This position involves a solid understanding of the creative process, specifically the professional architectural practice, the nature of the business and its potential markets. We are looking for someone who can work with the entire office to enhance the marketing of our work and project information as required by many proposals. Specifically, we are looking for candidates that possess the following:
- Minimum two years relevant experience, ideally in an Architecture, Engineering, or Construction firm
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (specifically InDesign)
- Eloquent and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, smart and capable of managing overlapping deadlines
- Affable personality with the desire for collaboration.
Applicants should provide writing samples as part of your application that demonstrates compelling writing. Cover letters are strongly recommended. Tell us something we need to know about you.
Please provide a resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.