Graphic Designer – 1 year contract
Here’s what we are about.
Gibbs Gage Architects is one of Western Canada’s largest architecture firms offering services in architecture, interior design, and urban design. Working from our head office in Calgary we continue to be involved in some of the most exciting projects in Western Canada. Since 1983, we have provided our services to all levels of government, public and private school boards, post-secondary institutions, corporations and many private development clients.
We are proud of our work and our people. We take great care to hire Individuals who are seeking to build a career with us. Our firm is focused on developing an energetic, fun and diverse work atmosphere, with the opportunity to contribute on a variety of project types. The culture at Gibbs Gage Architects acknowledges the importance of family and individual health. We believe in the culture we have created, committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to our workplace that enhance the way we work.
Here’s what you will do for us
This is a full-time, 1-year contract with the possibility of extension. This intermediate level position within our Calgary office involves a solid understanding of GGA’s professional practice, clients and projects. As a member of the marketing team, the Graphic Designer will work with the Partners and leadership team, in order to prepare responses to Requests for Proposals and Expressions of Interest, develop focused marketing materials, and update and maintain marketing materials. The successful candidate will provide dedicated administrative services to all marketing initiatives with a particular focus on graphic design applications; the design of brochures, booklets and other marketing materials; design, layout and print copy of proposal responses; web content updates (both content and graphic); photo editing and coordination; graphic or brand development etc. The successful candidate ensure that proposals are delivered to a high standard and in a timely manner. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Graphic Design/Marketing – Ensure that brand management policies and strategic initiatives are consistently applied to all communications will be essential to this role. This individual will coordinate and implement promotional activities including advertising; focused marketing by sector; preparation of awards submissions; coordination of photography of completed projects; formatting for corporate collateral, including stationery, forms, letterhead; coordination of project database with other admin staff; assisting with the organization of special client and staff events; and arranging the design, format and production of special corporate and/or client presentations.
- Web Design - maintenance of website and intranet; bring forward thinking ideas for website enhancements, along with the skills to carry out improvements.
- Proposal and Document Production— Use a variety of software to create page layouts, proposals, presentations and information graphics; assist with the maintenance and coordination of resources and systems that support the proposal process with biographies, resumes, projects sheets, etc.
- Artistic Sensibility — Proven overall understanding of graphic design, demonstrating knowledge of design elements including color and composition, artistic ability and creativity.
- General Project Coordination — Proactive administration of projects through all phases from proposal/initiation through to production and completion.
- Graphics Support – Providing graphic design assistance and support to other employees/departments in the office as required for specific projects; offering graphic/design support on staff initiatives as needed.
- Quality Control— Take responsibility for the quality, consistency and scheduling of outgoing products, (specific to design/formatting/proofing of documents, coordination and finalized design of proposals, etc.).
Here’s what we are looking for in you
This position involves a solid understanding of the creative process, specifically the professional architectural practice, the nature of the business and its potential markets. We are looking for someone who can work with the entire office to enhance the design/marketing of our work and project information as required by many proposals. Specifically, we are looking for candidates that possess the following:
- Minimum two years relevant experience, ideally in the AEC industry, or design agency
- Degree/Diploma in Design or Communications (or similar)
- Technical proficiency – highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to produce high quality documents under a quick turnaround time
- Previous experience with website creation or maintenance
- Independent and self-directed
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio quoting “Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.